Wednesday 12 June 2013

Pinning Inspiration #4

Last week's, Pinning Inspiration focused on statementnecklaces.
This time around I want to share some inspiration that will make you want to roll up your sleeves and reach for the toolkit!

Upcycling is a great way to give a new use to something old, so this post looks at upcycled furniture.
You can upcycle all kinds of things. The only limits are skill, money and most importantly, imagination!


I’m totally in love with these bathtub sofas. Brings a whole new meaning to relaxing in the tub, right?




Old doors seem pretty flexible when it comes to upcycling. I’ve seen plenty of doors upcycled into coffee tables and dining tables…


…screens…


...or an interesting corner unit. I like that the hardware has been kept on these upcycled items!

Source: re-store.org via Kei on Pinterest

Old windows seem to be another cool upcycling project!

Source: recreate.za.net via Kei on Pinterest

Or how about somewhere to sit? Grandma’s old tin bath with a new drop-in seat creates a neat little ottoman.

Source: dzinetrip.com via Kei on Pinterest

Until recently, I’d only seen oil drums as useful for containing oil, makeshift barbecues or for lashing together with some planks of wood to create a raft! But this oil drum seat is damn cool. If you can weld, you're sorted! Loving the pink and the cow print.

Source: homediypins.com via Kei on Pinterest

If you’ve got a nice big porch, this is a lovely way to upcycle an old crib. It looks so comfortable! I would love something like this, but houses here in the UK don’t tend to have large open porches, nor do we tend to get the weather for lounging for hours outside…Nor do I have a crib…Hey, I can dream!


Now, how about something for the cat?! This cat bed, made from an old TV, is pretty amusing. The bright yellow gives it an ornamental appearance--a novel way to keep a hairy cat bed hidden! ...if your cat will sleep in it, that is.

I hope you found something inspiring in this post!

Do you upcycle?
What kinds of upcycled furniture projects do you feel most inspired by?
Please share your thoughts and inspirations in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Just today my family was teasing me because I am saving this old drawers because I would like to use them to plant in and saying if I had an old bathtub I would probably want to put plants in it but these outdoor seats are so cool. Also I have someone savings these old doors with the idea of hinging them together for a room divider in our basement. I think my family thinks I'm wacky but all of these upcycles are awesome. Thanks I really enjoyed this post. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the bathtub sofa and the porch swing the best - I wonder how in the world they cut that tub in half???
    So glad to see my lurkers haven't left me - I was getting worried! :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading all your sweet comments makes me happy! :) I appreciate each and every one and try to reply to all that I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...